Windows 8.1 and gaming

Discussion in 'Gaming World & Technology.' started by MunkieBunz, Oct 24, 2013.

1. MunkieBunz New Member

Hey all, DON'T DO IT!!!
    From my understanding there's been a lot of postings on other forums about the amount of lag induced in windows 8.1 in many popular fps titles that do not have the option to allow for raw mouse input. This is because of some sort of mouse smoothing that happens within 8.1
    The only device for me that has 8.1 is my little lenovo yoga 13 and it's not anywhere near being considered a decent gaming device.

So just a warning if you were thinking of getting 8.1

2. {AW}ResidentEvil Clan Leader
    Staff Member

I have Windows 8 setup on a separate boot drive. The problem I just ran into updating to 8.1, during the update it would get to 99% done and get a message that update failed. Than if I tried to reboot it would say loading updates and say same thing... Around and around and around we go! :director: :furious: :furious:

~Res

3. MunkieBunz New Member

Were you updating through the windows store? Seriously though, don't worry about it. There isn't much of a change from 8 to 8.1 other than the adding of a start button that you can right click on and have access to a bunch of administrative options. Plus there will be a lot of settings that you would have to modify/change to get it to look decent after the install.