Russ's First Build

Discussion in 'Gaming World & Technology.' started by {AW}Russ2115, Dec 15, 2013.

1. {AW}Russ2115 Warrior

I recently switched over from playing on the Xbox 360. Sadly I left my friends behind, but looks like I have found a good group to play with. I'm a little nervous to put my first computer together. Right now i'm playing on a HP Pavilion with i5-2400 and I upgraded the gpu from a gt-520 to a gt-640. That alone was a huge upgrade from the 360. I can't wait to play on Ultra. I bought most of the stuff on Black Friday. The rest should be here after Christmas. Here is the build I am working on. I am a little unsure about the Amd 9590, but I got a great deal on it.
    http://pcpartpicker.com/user/Russ21/saved/38G7

Attached Files:

2. Gr3mlyn New Member

AMD has great CPU's when on a budget, the 9590 will do you well since the game recommends a six core AMD. Paired with the GTX 760 you are good to go! I would recommend getting another 8GB of ram over time and that thing will run like a champ! Also I would recommend getting a EVGA GTX 760 over msi, same price but better quality in my opinion. Either way looks like you are off to a good start and welcome to the forum bro!!

3. {AW}ResidentEvil Clan Leader
    Staff Member

Sup Russ! Welcome to our HoUsE BrO! :fing22: Most in the clan are master computer Builders! So If you need any help? Just hit us up and Poof you gaming! :lsvader: :Woot:

~Res

4. MunkieBunz New Member

Hey there Russ, in the past I have built computers and servers for a living. Check out TomsHardware.com they have nice charts for cpu hierarchy for gaming. Personally I have had nothing but problems every time I have used an AMD CPU. Due to my poor customer experiences with AMD I have swore them off. Your i5-2400 is still very good for gaming. Check the hierarchy chart and see that your current CPU is still better than the AMD 9590 Here on this chart at Toms Hardware.

What I would have recommended:
    Keep your current setup but do the following:
    1. buy a new chassis
    2. buy a new power supply
    3. buy a 7 series (770 and up) Nvidia graphics card
    4. buy a SSD for loading games, not your OS.

With the money you just spent on most of those items, you could likely still return most of them and give a super upgrade to your gpu. Your cpu is fine. There have been studies with amd cpus and gaming and they're just not good contenders anymore and that the old Phenom II from 5 years ago is still beating some of the newer cpus for gaming performance. That's just not a sound purchase to make.

Don't buy the Microsoft sidewinder x4 keyboard. I have had one and it's not a mechanical keyboard. The membranes will stick after a short time and you'll suffer from sticking keys and non-registration of key presses.

Don't go wireless with your desktop if it's not absolutely necessary. If you question this I can provide more details why later.

Those are my two cents. It helps you to save money and upgrade your computer quite nicely in buying better components. Building a PC is all about upgrading your current desktop till it ultimately becomes a custom setup. Digging a hole one scoop at a time over a long period eventually will net you a massive hole before you know it when you look back.

5. {AW}Laambo Clan Leader
    Staff Member

Hey Russ good to see ya on the forums bro! :biggthumsup:

:thinking: ... the first thing that jumps out at me was the Memory (RAM)!

... Since the Mobo handles up to 32GB with 4 slots I would have went with 2 x 8GB sticks of RAM! ... leaving 2 slots open ready to go for the last 16GB when ready! :biggthumsup:

One thing I'm really going to recommend to you is if in any way you can get your rig hardwired with your internet service Do It Do It Do It!
    .... avoid going wireless at all cost if you want stress free online gaming! :lol_hitting:

I'm a Logitech guy when it comes to my mouse/keyboards! :biggthumsup:

Everything else should do the trick for you!

personally I'm done with Full Tower cases as I want to do a Micro one of these days! :biggthumsup:

:laambo:

6. {AW}illiterate Warrior

:You_Rock: Hey Russ glad to meet you. Im an intel guy but man I love the stats on that new amd 9590. Don't think you can go wrong on that cpu.

7. {AW}ResidentEvil Clan Leader
    Staff Member

I think the Logitech G19 Gaming keyboard is the worlds best keyboard! The keyboard is very responsive, it's heavy, dances to the beat!! Lol :wavey: but more importantly the LCD display runs a baddass plug in for teamspeak... It displays TS3 in real time! Theres a lot of reall cool plugin's!!! Also Never had any issues at all! The GX9 gaming mouse runs with same software. Did I say the Software is baddass! :whip:

G19 gaming keyboard link:
    http://www.logitech.com/en-us/support/g19-keyboard-for-gaming?crid=404

G9X gaming mouse.
    http://www.logitech.com/en-us/support/g9x-laser-mouse?crid=398

My 2 cents

~Res

8. {AW}illiterate Warrior

Hey monkey that amd 9590 is the new vishara cpu. Runs 5.0 in turbo and is a kick ass cpu. Does run hot and is rated 220 watts. Havent seen any benchmarks against the 4770k though. Will only run on 990fx motherboards like the sabertooth.

9. {AW}ResidentEvil Clan Leader
    Staff Member

AMD lost there crown years ago bro! :furious: My Z87 Asus HERO ROG overclocked to 5mhz using Asus 4 way optimization. But the chip is twice as expensive! Kind of overkill :)

~Res

10. {AW}Russ2115 Warrior

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome! I appreciate your advice.

I bought the cpu, case, memory, and the ssd on black friday.
    The Fx-9590 was $249, there's no way I would of bought it for $400. I bought the case and memory in a combo deal.

Everyone has had great suggestions though.

My internet will be hardwired. I didn't think I needed the adapter, but it will be nice if I move again.

As for the KEYBOARD! I was actually going to buy the G19 on Black Friday! Then my girlfriend spilled the beans and told me my Christmas present.

Mouse will definitely upgraded. It hasnt been bad for ten bucks though. Not the most comfortable.

Thanks again everyone.

11. {AW}Russ2115 Warrior

Pretty much how I feel right now! Everything went well!

http://youtu.be/AXwGVXD7qEQ

12. {AW}Russ2115 Warrior

I guess I will finally post what I've been playing on the last few weeks. All that is left now is to get a secondary hd and a new monitor!
    [attachment=41]

First power-up
    [attachment=42]

Attached Files:

13. {BHK}Die-All New Member

nice looking rig bro

14. {AW}Laambo Clan Leader
    Staff Member

:iamwithstupid:

... sure looks Purdy! :biggthumsup:

:laambo:

15. {AW}illiterate Warrior

:You_Rock: Beautiful job Russ!!

16. {AW}monsterzero New Member

She's pretty

17. MunkieBunz New Member

YESSSS IT'S WORKING!!! IT'SSS WORKINGGGG!!!

18. {AW}ResidentEvil Clan Leader
    Staff Member

Did u ever get a G19?

~Res

19. {AW}Russ2115 Warrior

Not yet Res, the Microsoft keyboard I have now is working well. It is something I will upgrade in the future. I did get a Razer Deathadder though.

20. {AW}Russ2115 Warrior

Finally got everything setup since I moved back home. Next is the gtx980!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]