Ever wanted to record your games?

Discussion in 'Gaming World & Technology.' started by MunkieBunz, Oct 24, 2013.

1. MunkieBunz New Member

Check it out. If you have an Nvidia card 6 series and up you can begin using shadowplay starting 10/28 in lieu of fraps or other game capture devices.

http://blogs.nvidia.com/blog/2013/10/18/shadowplay/

Additionally you can then render the video using your powerful GPU rather than using software that uses your cpu. Therefore you can render the video faster than the video plays compared to 5 minutes of render for 1 minute of video. It does take a hit at your overall game performance but a few fps isn't that big of a deal when you're above 60fps anyway.

2. {AW}Laambo Clan Leader
    Staff Member

yeah I saw that but didn't read the whole article on that because it said it required the GeForce Experience which I have been unchecking to download as I hate unnecessary process running in the background!

I might have to reconsider this moving forward I guess! :thinking:

:laambo:

3. MunkieBunz New Member

I haven't had issues with it. In my experience it doesn't interfere with anything. What it does is that it accesses your game file settings to find out what you are running your games at and then offers you a suggestion as to what graphics setting to use. You then have the option of applying those changes automatically. I like it and to me it's not taking up nearly any resources to make an impact. 193kb of ram and 0 cpu.

4. {AW}ResidentEvil Clan Leader
    Staff Member

Nice find monkey! :You_Rock:

~Res

5. Joined:
    Oct 21, 2013
    Dude i been waiting for this FOREVER!!!!! couple more days i also like the twitch.tv plugin so i cvan broadcast to twitch. excited!!!

6. {AW}Laambo Clan Leader
    Staff Member

New Drivers and the GeForce Experience is out Today!

HERE!

:laambo:

7. MunkieBunz New Member

I have it, just haven't had a chance to use it just yet!!

Okay, so it does a pretty good job at recording the games. I've only just used windows movie maker and dang that thing takes a long time to render as it uses only the cpu. I'm currently trying to find a good video editor & encoder so that I can create more videos quickly without burning up my cpu. Anyone have any input? I'm about to buy a sony product for $80 unless I can find one that's better (cheaper).