Anyone have any good advice for buying a CPO car?

Discussion in 'Basically Talk About Whatever?' started by {AW}monsterzero, Apr 10, 2014.

1. {AW}monsterzero New Member

Looking to get a 2013 CPO Toyota.. obviously want the best deal.. but the sales guys play their games.. Any advice would be appreciated.

2. {AW}Laambo Clan Leader
    Staff Member

:wavey:
    First off you need to your homework....get as much info as you can as your trying to do now! ... knowledge is power! :biggthumsup:

First place to start for me would be KBB!

... find out the average value for what your looking for ... of course mileage on the vehicle makes a difference with sale so find the average or get a range ...low miles and high miles!

... if you have a trade in.... do the same, look up what your car is worth!

Once you have this info. I would recommend visiting multiple Dealerships and "Feel them out" because by the 3rd visit shopping for your car you will be in ready to Negotiate and handle all there "sales games"! :fight:

What I've learned over the years usually taking 10% off the sticker or advertised price should be no problem!

Once you have determined what Dealer you want to do business with take your new found knowledge and go have some fun with them!

Other tips:

... remind them every so often that every day that car your interested in sits on there lot it is loosing them money!

... (I'll add more as I think of them!)

Good Luck, and Happy Hunting! :icon_biggrin:

:laambo:

3. {AW}monsterzero New Member

Dude, thanks for the great info.. did tons of homework.. they offered a good price or my trade in but when I offered about 10% off sticker they didn't even counter.. and I left. I know this guy will be calling me but still, I was expecting some kind of shitty counter at least. Oh well on to the next deal!

4. {AW}ResidentEvil Clan Leader
    Staff Member

I just bought a 2014 ford fusion. Sticker was 35800 and I got it for 31k. I went throught the Internet dept and grinded the shit if if them!

~Res

5. MunkieBunz New Member

If you're a costco member they have auto buying services and it takes away the need to bargain. Personally, having had been a dealership technician, I do not trust any vehicle that has a ton of electronics in it to last more than 6 years before becoming a piece of crap. Purchasing a vehicle only to sell it within 5-6 years is just wasting money. If I'm wasting money then I'd rather lease a vehicle, turn it in after a few years and lease another vehicle until there's something worth buying.

6. {AW}illiterate Warrior

:director:....Leasing is only good if you don't drive the crap out of them. I end up driving a lot so it wouldn't be good for me or anyone else who does.

7. {AW}ResidentEvil Clan Leader
    Staff Member

At your age I'm surprised they even let you drive! LoL :buttkick:

~Res

8. {AW}illiterate Warrior

:Thanks:....Ohhhhh, you ass wipe!!!!!.....LOL

9. {AW}Greywolf New Member

laambo has it right just make shure you print the stuff out about your car and kbb and take it with you