Unreal Tournament 4 *Under development*

Discussion in 'Gaming World & Technology.' started by {AW}ResidentEvil, Jan 22, 2015.

1. {AW}ResidentEvil Clan Leader
    Staff Member

So the next unrealTourament is being worked on and has Open Pre-Alpha Beta you can play now! Simply register on there forums and download the UTLauncher that will keep your Pre-Alpha Beta updated. :Woot:

http://www.unrealtournament.com/blog/

Download the UTLauncher Beta:
    https://forums.unrealtournament.com/forum.php
    Need to register as member to DL :icon_biggrin:

..then navigate to the ----> Top Secret: Members Only! Thread! :biggthumsup:

~Res

2. {AW}Laambo Clan Leader
    Staff Member

Correct Place to go to: https://forums.unrealtournament.com/forum.php

:Noob: :lol_hitting:

:Instagib:

:laambo:

3. {BHK}Die-All New Member

:You_Rock: thanx for posting this REZ

4. {AW}ResidentEvil Clan Leader
    Staff Member

{AW}'s future is unreal and will rebuild once this game is finally released! :wavey:

~Res

5. {AW}ResidentEvil Clan Leader
    Staff Member

GG's Laambo! That was awesome! Servers are up and playable! :woot:

~Res

6. {AW}Laambo Clan Leader
    Staff Member

:wavey:

I was able to set up a UT4 Dedicated DM Server! :woot:

:Instagib:

Server Name: AW Laambo's =[LG/IG]= House of Pain! <------the Original "House of Pain!"

Server ip: 108.185.144.208:7777
    Server/Client Download Version: UnrealTournament-Client-XAN-2417639-Win64

GameTrackers did not show they support it yet in there drop down list and I haven't tried to "add" server to see if would work yet! ...maybe another time! :icon_biggrin:

Note: this is not a "Dedicated" box I run this on so will not be running 24/7 at this time!

7. {AW}ResidentEvil Clan Leader
    Staff Member

I'll jump on tonight go sure!

~Res

8. {AW}ResidentEvil Clan Leader
    Staff Member

{AW}ResidentEvil's -=HoUsE of Instagib=- <------ was mo popular!! LoL :buttkick:

~Res

9. {AW}ResidentEvil Clan Leader
    Staff Member

Just played TDM 9vs9 and was off the charts! No game that excites me more than Unreal!! :lsvader:

~Res

10. {AW}Laambo Clan Leader
    Staff Member

I did find out that this will not be supporting the old ftp redirect system we all have been use to!

... now I'm wondering if this is just another way to make you buy custom content to play on servers with custom content as well! :buttkick:

...once again, time will tell! :eusa_doh:

11. {AW}Laambo Clan Leader
    Staff Member

...ok to touch on a little more from my above post it looks like they are implementing a "Cloud" to push content that clients do not have and it seems to work very well at this stage of development!

What I also learned in the last day is that with the mutator I'm running to tweak the air control, low grav, instagib fire rate, ect., ect. to get the game to feel more of what we are use to is that the lowgrav settings seem to feel shaky/rough when your in the air and it seemed to get a negative feed back from ppl playing on the server!

What I have just tested and learned is if you install this same mutator (and config file I created) it will turn your shaky/rough feeling game into one that runs smooooottttthhhhhh as butter! :Woot:

So, hit me up and I will send you a copy of the two files (till they get this worked out) for you to install and you too can run smooth like me! :biggthumsup:

Long Live --------> :Instagib:

12. {AW}Laambo Clan Leader
    Staff Member

Time to update your client!

to ----> UPDATE: New build posted 1/31/2015 (New Ver. --> "UnrealTournament-Client-XAN-2426891-Win64"

... remember, you need to be logged in to see the download thread! :icon_biggrin:

Note: also, make sure to download the newest version of the mutator in the TS File Browser in the UT4 room! :biggthumsup:

... if you have problems launching the game after installing for the first time make sure you download the FIX HERE!

13. {AW}Laambo Clan Leader
    Staff Member

Ok guys/gals, I have uploaded all the files/downloads to the UT4 Game Room File Browser on our TS3 Server needed to enjoy our UT4 Server that I am running from home atm! :Instagib:

This server gets updated almost weekly so it's nice that the UTLauncher now can check for updates instead of manually downloading each update that comes out! :Woot:

Our current settings are Instagib / LowGrav with a 10 min. time or 30 kills, whichever comes first! :biggthumsup:

Once again, please keep in mind that this game is still being developed and is considered a "Pre Alpha" version of the game and they have given us the opportunity to test and play the game as they move forward to a final product!

At this stage I believe it will be easy another year (if not longer) before they are pleased with what they have and in line for what they/community wants!

....so, get your ass up in TS and download the game/files NOW as we are leaning towards UT4 Frag night/day soon! :Thanks:

:Laambo:

14. {AW}Laambo Clan Leader
    Staff Member

New update today!

if you have installed the UTLauncher already all you have to do is click the update tab! :Thanks:

if not, get your ass in TS and follow the above instructions! :whip:

15. {AW}ResidentEvil Clan Leader
    Staff Member

Still think we should remove the movement mutator since most players are NOT going to install it! They simply will leave and find around server! I only reason they might... Slim chance....if there's a bunch players on Dailey! :eusa_doh:

~Res

Your mind is like a parachute it only works when it's open! :buttkick:

16. {AW}Laambo Clan Leader
    Staff Member

Ok, updated the UT File Browser to include the current updated version of the Movement Prototype Mutator so go download it and install into your plugins folder!

I played a little last night and all I can say is WOW .... you can see the difference in the map DeckTest ... amazing what they give us to play with for just being a Pre Alpha version of a game! :Thanks: EPIC!

17. {AW}ResidentEvil Clan Leader
    Staff Member

Can't wait till gametracker works as our server has been buzy!! :icon_biggrin:

~Res

18. {AW}Laambo Clan Leader
    Staff Member

:iamwithstupid:

Aggressive Warriors Instagib is Back Baby! :Woot:

Hell of a lot a FUN! :Instagib:

Can't wait till I get a Translocator so I can terrorize you guys with some telefrags! :telefrag: :greed:

19. {AW}SkullBash Warrior

I shall let my presence be known whenever I decide to get in there and kick all of your asses like I did last night. SkullBash has returned to his origins. :teu42:

20. {AW}ResidentEvil Clan Leader
    Staff Member

hahahah, told you he would be talking smack! :director:

You ass is grass next time we meet in the arena! :whip:

~Res