Simple Backup Solution, anyone, Bueller?

Discussion in 'Gaming World & Technology.' started by {AW}monsterzero, Jan 13, 2014.

1. {AW}monsterzero New Member

Calling all build masters - I'm needing a simple backup solution for my system(s). I have a 1TB drive on my main box and another 1TB drive on my secondary box.
    Ideally I'd like to have a solution where I could just hookup an external drive via USB3 or something, and press a backup button :) - is this possible?
    Anyone have any ideas that don't involve a complex RAID or STRIP setup?? Also, I'm running win7 pro on my main and XP pro on my 2nd.
    Thanks!
    :You_Rock:

2. {BHK}Die-All New Member

try easeus todo http://download.cnet.com/EaseUS-Todo-Backup-Free/3000-2242_4-10964460.html
    it clones and backup your hard drive

3. {AW}Laambo Clan Leader
    Staff Member

... or if you want to pay for one with a little more features I hear this software is highly rated as well!

World's Best PC Backup Software

:wavey: ... or, you can go this route and get an External Hard Drive with ... a personal cloud! :icon_biggrin:

:laambo:

4. {AW}monsterzero New Member

5. MunkieBunz New Member

Sorry man, I only rely upon NAS. They have one touch buttons to backup their contents through the USB port. Really, NAS is for data redundancy and then you take backups of the redundant volume. This is really the best way for data backups. It took me a while to save up for that but I finally got it. If you have a spare computer lying around you can get windows home server. You have your computer #1 and computer #2 scheduled for automated weekly backups running and you have your home server set up as the backup location. Set up BIOS to power on at a set time so that the backups have somewhere to go then have windows server experience a timed shutdown event maybe 24 hours later. You will never miss a moment for backup. Trust me, you will forget to plug in that usb drive when it's so important.

6. {AW}Laambo Clan Leader
    Staff Member

7. {AW}monsterzero New Member

Awesome! I'll need a bigger office - hehe.

8. MunkieBunz New Member

Actually it doesn't take up a lot of room. I have mine right under/behind my monitor. There are going to be other ones that allow for 2.5" drives so that they take up less room and you can place it right on top or under your router with a really short network cable. Netgear readynas also allows you to set up home surveillance with the nas.

9. {AW}ResidentEvil Clan Leader
    Staff Member

I use Acronis to back up all my systems to my Network Storage on my Router and its just 1 click! :)

Acronis can also be setup on a schedule to update newer files weekly and recreates a restore image.

~Res