Unreal Tournament 4 Pre-Alpha Game Server/s

Discussion in 'Online Servers' started by {AW}Laambo, Mar 6, 2015.

1. {AW}Laambo Clan Leader
    Staff Member

:wavey:
    We now have a UT4 Instagib DM Server up and running so go Download the New UTLauncher which now auto updates you through the Launcher which makes things so much nicer now! :Woot:

CUSTOM MAPS NOW WORKING ON BOTH SERVERS!!!!!

-=AW=- ResidentEvil's -==HousE~Of~InStaGiB==- LA

ip: 162.248.93.177:7777

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Other UT4 Servers to watch for:

Aggressive Warriors ~ West Coast HUB <-----when we get the HUBs worked out and working properly!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-=AW=- aggressivewarriors.com -==PlaYGrounD==- LA

(currently running 2 Community Maps server in place of the above server)

:laambo:

2. {AW}Laambo Clan Leader
    Staff Member

Well here is a quote from the developer of the Movement Prototyper Mutator we were running on our server so we will be without the feel of LowGrav, AirControl, Increased Fire Rate on the Instagib Riffle and Dodge Jump + Quad Jumping! :bigcry: :thumbsdown:

...I will keep you posted if things change!

3. FX^ Warrior

I've been unable to get on the server since the latest update. It says missing package.
    [hr]
    And this is the reason. https://forums.unrealtournament.com/showthread.php?16808-Latest-patch-broke-redirects

4. {AW}ResidentEvil Clan Leader
    Staff Member

I would amazing it's missing the low grav/speed mutator? Have you installed latest mutator?

~Res

5. {AW}Laambo Clan Leader
    Staff Member

:wavey:

I removed the custom maps late last night for now until they fix the redirect issue!

...I've got the new movement prototyper mutator installed finally last night at 11:30pm!

Added new DM-Chill to rotation too! :icon_biggrin:

6. FX^ Warrior

Sweet!

7. {AW}ResidentEvil Clan Leader
    Staff Member

Only problem now is players can only play if they have the mutator installed! :buttkick:

~Res

8. {AW}Laambo Clan Leader
    Staff Member

That is not correct! :new_all_coholic: ... the problem was (is) since they broke the redirect part for our custom maps on the server the server can't have those maps in the server folder/files! Once I removed the custom maps out of the server folders/files everything works as before! :biggthumsup:

... the mutator works the same...if you don't have it it's a little rough game play when in the air like before and if you have it installed in your local files/folder....smooth as butter! :Woot:

... Happy Gibbing! :Instagib:

9. {AW}Laambo Clan Leader
    Staff Member

Currently only the 3 community map test servers are up and running with Stock maps only!

This update/build released earlier today changed a lot of game.ini files things im now struggling to catch up and figure it out atm!

... hopefully I can have them back up and running with custom maps by the weekend!

On a good note the guy who makes the Movement Prototyper mutator we use on our main clan IG server might just make a special version just for us! :Woot: ... i'll keep you posted! :biggthumsup:

10. {AW}Laambo Clan Leader
    Staff Member

Just to update you all we now have 4 Dedicated UT4 Servers and a New HUB Server I just launched last night! :Woot:

Please keep in mind that the HUB server is under construction and testing so we can find out what we like and don't like to tweak it to our likings! :biggthumsup:

If you never have tried a HUB now is your chance! Our HUB is currently set to only run 6 different games/matches at one time only because I am not sure of how our current server can handle this so as we monitor the server that runs these game servers we will get a better knowledge of what we can and can not do as far as how many servers can our server handle! :new_all_coholic:

Please note that with HUB matches it will require 2 live players to start a match!

ALso, I have a "AW_Instagib" Tab for game types on our HUB that is a Duplicate of our current Dedicated Server and it will force you to Download ALL maps in rotation (currently 14 I believe) before you can start that game and it takes approx. 5 minutes to do this! :sad:

... so be patient, go grab something to snack on or go take your meds :Cool: and enjoy all the maps and you even get to vote for the next map too! :biggthumsup:

:Laambo:

11. {AW}Laambo Clan Leader
    Staff Member

Just a quick update on our servers!

Our Hub Server is now a "Trusted" Server with Epic!

What this means is you can now join our Hub and rank up while playing your favorite game/map!

... the only thing currently not working on Hubs with custom content is the Replay system of watching previous matches you or anybody has played in!

I am trying to confirm with Joe (lead developer) if the Trusted Key he gave me can be used on our Traditional servers but he is ignoring my PM atm and I'm waiting patiently as I do not want to assume and then get banned from a Trusted status with Epic!

but there you go, happy fragging!

12. FX^ Warrior

Very cool! :)

13. Cubellius Guest

14. {AW}Laambo Clan Leader
    Staff Member

Hi Cubellius!,

Thank you for stopping by and posting a request for the Hub! I have no problems to adding a custom mutator for Custom game play providing it actually works and shows in the dropdown list of mutators available to select for your game type!

I've got a PM (request) already on the ut forums for the NoSpawnProtectionMutator also so will get these both added (or try) by tomorrow and give them a test run to see if they will work on the Hub! ... just by looking and downloading the movement one you linked to I see he only has a .pak file and I'm not really sure that will work on the server as the folder he is directing you to put it in is not a server folder path plus that folder will only exist on people who actually use and create content with the editor!

... the proper path should be C:\Program Files\Epic Games\UnrealTournamentDev\UnrealTournament\Content

Anyway, I'll let you know here when I get them both up and running on the Hub or if there is problems with 1 or the other! ;)

Cubellius likes this.
  15. Cubellius Guest

Thanks for the reply! I did see this mutator on the UTAUNZ hub so it should work.. hopefully. But I have 200 ping to that hub which makes it hard to test things there :p

Stolid does have the command you need to run the mutator on a server at the very bottom of the post, but I'm not sure if that's the same for running it on a hub or not.

16. {AW}Laambo Clan Leader
    Staff Member

I just tested this out on our Hub and the UTAUNZ Hub and I get the same results! ... as long as the client has this Mutator installed and the server has it installed it will show up as an option of mutators to select in the custom games tab!

... so, you should see it on our Hub just like UTAUNZ right now! ;) ... just let me know if you see issues with other players you may play with so we can report this on the UT forums so Joe and his team can work on fixing these issues with BluePrint (BP) mutators!

17. Cubellius Guest

Awesome! Seems to work just fine; I'll try to get some people to play it with me later today :)

Thanks for setting this up man!

{AW}Laambo likes this.
  18. {AW}Laambo Clan Leader
    Staff Member

Awesome .... just direct ppl to HERE if they don't have it and it feels like it's not working for them! :biggthumsup:

Happy fragging

ps. Just let me know if you'd like to see a specific map on the Hub or have any other request you'd like to see!

19. {AW}Laambo Clan Leader
    Staff Member

ok what I now understand is if you want to enjoy a mutator now on the Hubs you need to hit the "Download All Content" button at the top before joining a match/game in able to see/use the mutator unless you have downloaded it already and have it in your contents/paks folder!