Halfblocked Application

Discussion in 'Wanta be {AW}? Post Here.' started by {AW}halfblocked, Mar 12, 2015.

1. {AW}halfblocked Technical Support

Hello, My current name is halfblocked however i used to go by another name GU°karma. I have been in the Unreal community since 99 and remember playing against AW way back when. I'm a avid IG player and I'm basically looking for a new home.

When i'm not playing I'm actively working in the map editor making maps, Many of which AW members have likely played back in the days.
    The fact that my old clan had a bunch of map makers made our server way back when a hub for great new maps for the community and i'd like to see something like that return again.

Maps i've made include,

DM-NYC-Subway
    DM-Halloween-Arena (https://forums.unrealtournament.com/showthread.php?15720-DM-HalloweenArena) brand new ut4 version
    DM-elevatoraction
    DM-skyarena
    DM-matrixalley
    DM-Karmas-bedroom
    VCTF-FeelGoodINC (one of the more popular UT3 maps as seen here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cv9E1dX9Owo)
    To name a few.

Hopefully we can rock out together. Look forward to hearing back from you guys.

2. {AW}Laambo Clan Leader
    Staff Member

:wavey:

Good fragging with ya last night! :Instagib: .... fun stuff!

Hell ya, I remember all those maps! .... and though I was not with {AW} back then I too had ALL those + on my server too! ... I did know quite a few of the {AW} guys and a couple would always jump in my server (Laambo's House of Pain!) to brush up with the aim/moves then head over to join up with their boys @ {AW}! :biggthumsup:

Me and the wife would always figure them out after a couple matches then they would slap the tag on and there real game name! :lol_hitting:

I'll PM you our TS3 info. so next time you can jump in and hang out with us! :biggthumsup:

Just so I'm doing my job as acting Clan Leader make sure you have read the "Before you Post "READ"" to get a basic idea of our little process we take with new members! :icon_biggrin:

Feel Free to jump in TS and hang out anytime your in game or just chill'n! .... and if you have a buddy that wants to hang out with you just give us heads up so that no one freaks out! lol :Thanks:

:laambo:

3. {AW}ResidentEvil Clan Leader
    Staff Member

Wassup Karma! :wavey: Welcome to the forums for sure man! Yep love all loves maps! My favorite map of all time was sky arena 2k3! The 2k4 version was also kickass! Can't wait to get my hands on them for sure bro! Laambo is also s badass mapper and he is also making some new {AW}arena maps! :icon_biggrin:

However do we even have a way to re-direct maps? That's been a question I haven't really got answer? LOL

For sure man stick around and poof your {AW}!

~Res

4. {AW}Greywolf New Member

I REMEMBER YOU WAY BACK WHEN AND I USE TO GO HOBBS ANYWAY GLAD TO SEE YOU BACK AND LOOK FORWARD TO FRAGGEN WITH YOU SOMETIME HERE.
    I GOT TO MAKE A NEW SIG. ONE OF THESE DAYS.

:telefrag::lsvader::wavey:

5. {AW}halfblocked Technical Support

Redirectors

We now support http downloading of maps if the server has a corresponding ini entry for your map. If you have a map that you would like us to host on our servers, please contact us on the forums.

Example Game.ini section
    [/Script/UnrealTournament.UTGameMode]

+RedirectReferences=(MapName="/Game/Maps/DM-Lea_Alpha04h",MapURL="http://s3.amazonaws.com/unrealtournament/DM-Lea_Alpha04h.pak")

https://wiki.unrealengine.com/Servers_(Unreal_Tournament)

6. {AW}ResidentEvil Clan Leader
    Staff Member

Well I guess you can setup a redirect... New ext is .pak? No compression? Not real clear on this! I guess we will have to try it out. I just setup a new redirct folder for testing.... Now if I just had a map to test! Hehe

Laambo you have a map semi ready yet?

Btw make sure you add system of the down to skyArena! Favorite band! :icon_biggrin:

7. {AW}halfblocked Technical Support

I will be adding system of the down to the new sky arena build, oh get my Halloween arena.

8. {AW}illiterate Warrior

:You_Rock:....oh heck yes Half. Hang in there and we would be proud to have you as an AW family member. Hell, they even let my sorry ass back in the clan so you should be a shoe in. For those who aren't old enough a shoe in means a easy fit or acceptance.!

9. {AW}Stretch Warrior

Yo man it's been a long time i might have even still been in the {HOG} clan last time played. Great to see the old school guys still around.

10. {AW}SkullBash Warrior

Welcome to the humble abode of {AW}. Enjoy your stay and watch your ass :Instagib: :teu42:

11. {AW}ResidentEvil Clan Leader
    Staff Member

Was unsuccessful getting holloween running on our test server! :icon_cry:

~Res

12. {AW}Laambo Clan Leader
    Staff Member

Congrats and :Welcome: to the clan bro! :biggthumsup:

...please log in with your {AW} tag now and pay a visit to our Private section which should be now available to you! :Thanks:

:laambo:

13. FX^ Warrior

Nice mapping Halfblocked! I've made several myself.